Hand and Wrist Problems
Test Your Knowledge
What is the structure and function of the Scapholunate Interossesous Ligament (SLIL) of the Hand?
What occurs with rupture of the SLIL?
What clinical test/s can you use to potentially diagnose SLIL ruptures?
The SLIL is an intra-articular ligament providing the main stability to the scaphoid.
Complete rupture of this ligament leads to instability of the wrist.
Watson’s test can be used. Other clinical tests and objective measures, that measure local mechanics and hand function respectively, should also be considered to assist in the diagnosis.
- Increase your confidence in managing your patients with hand and wrist conditions
- Get 8 Hours of CPD and your personalised CPD Certificate with this course
- Attend the live sessions or just watch the recordings- it’s up to you!
- AND…you have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points (and in case you miss a live session!)
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Superb value for money – you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Early Bird Course Rate currently available- register now and save £50!
What Will You Learn On This Course?
Optimise Your Clinical Approach
- An overview of the essential biomechanics of the hand and wrist
- How to consider the hand and wrist as a functional unit for better outcomes
- Understanding the interaction and joints and intricate movements involved in specific tasks
- Strategies for optimal assessment of your patients
- Anatomy and biomechanics made easy – these areas are critical to developing your skills
- Increase your confidence in dealing with the musculoskeletal injuries of this region that you will commonly encounter in clinical practice
Objective Markers and the Orthopaedic Examination
- Using specific tests in assessment can be hard in other areas such as the knee and shoulder. It is much more difficult in the hand and wrist as this is such a complex area
- Learn how to use tests to take your patients from initial assessment to eventual return to function
- Discover how to assess initial injuries of the hand and wrist using specific orthopaedic tests
- Find out which tests are worth doing and which to avoid!
- Tests to monitor progress and response to treatment
- Tools that you can use as objective markers and what to look for
Treatment and Rehabilitation Principles and Approaches
- Provide a clinical reasoning for treatment/rehabilitation with consideration of acute through to progressive phase, and evaluation of post-op rehabilitation pathways
- Gain insight into a variety of easily available rehabilitative exercises of the hand and wrist
- Discover which techniques, modalities, and rehabilitation regimes should yield the best results
- Design robust, objective measures to evaluate your outcomes and patient progress
- Learn how to tailor your interventions for the stage of recovery
About The Presenter
Ian Gatt MSC OMPT MCSP BSc (HONS)
Lead Physiotherapist for GB Boxing at the English Institute of Sport
Ian Gatt is a Senior Physiotherapist with the English Institute of Sport (EIS). He is the Lead Physiotherapist for the GB Boxing programme working with the squad throughout the build-up and during the 2012 Olympics and 2014 CWGs. Ian qualified with a BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy. He went on to specialise in Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy (OMT), completed an MSc in Sport Physiotherapy, and is currently undergoing a PhD. Ian also been an Associate Lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University for the past 7 years, as well as delivering national workshops and presentation on topics related to the Hand, Wrist and Elbow. Ian is also a consultant to Olympic and Professional sports on these related areas.
Attend the Live Sessions or watch the recordings later - It's up to you!
Session 1 – Thursday 7th May 2015 2-4 pm GMT
Session 2 – Friday 22nd May 2015 2-4 pm GMT
Session 3 – Friday 29th May 2015 2-4 pm GMT
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
What Do Previous Attendees Say About Online Mini Series™ Courses From CPD Solutions?
The video loops as well as the images really helped to visualise and reinforce learning
It was great watching at home. I liked the quiz afterwards.
The ongoing access is the gem of your course
Being able to do the course in your own time at your own speed was really useful
I would like to pass on my compliments on the online CE program and the superb quality of the ultrasound miniseries. This is my first experience with your program and I am very impressed with the quality
Thank you for offering such a great way to achieve further knowledge
The best course I've seen. Have already recommended it
Take advantage of the easy Online Mini Series™ format and increase your confidence when dealing with these cases.
Reserve Your Place Now
Special EARLY BIRD rate until April 30th 2015
£247 +VAT* (SAVE £50+VAT)
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
Price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz
(8 hours CPD)
- No traffic jams or accommodation hassles
- No pet or child care issues
- No rota clashes to worry about or locum fees
Just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee