Evolve your practice with simple strategies underpinned by clinical reasoning and evidence...
Exploring Patellofemoral Pain
Test Your Knowledge!
Does the fat pad become oedematous because it gets pinched?
Yes it can get impinged by the patella, but it can also become oedematous because of the metabolic changes in obesity, and the inflammatory pathway in osteoarthritis.
How did you get on?
This question and answer are from Claire Robertson, tutor on the upcoming online course 'Exploring Patellofemoral Pain.' For more help on dealing with this common presentation in your practice, read on......
NB Early Bird saves you £50 on your course fee - until Monday only.
Excellent clinical ideas. It will help in assessments - makes it easier to hone in on the problem and then get going with treatment.
Very well presented and easy to understand. Will improve my treatment selection.
- Packed with plenty of easy to implement practical tips from highly experienced tutor, Claire Robertson
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
- Early Bird Currently Available - Saves you £50!
What will I learn on this course?
Assessment and Treatment of Patellofemoral Pain –
Top Tips to Change Your Practice Tomorrow
- How to explain the aetiology of pain in PFP
- Lots of handy tips to work out how to prioritise during your assessment and treatment planning
- How to use your subjective examination to signpost your objective
- How to plan a reasoned treatment strategy and confidently give out no more than 3 exercises at once for a targeted effect
- Strategies that require little or no equipment that can be implemented in any setting
Myth Busting in Patellofemoral Pain –
Feel Confident with Your Practice
- Exploring the myths - clinical reasoning and evidence-based medicine
- How to confidently discuss with colleagues the vmo anatomy, recruitment and current theories on dysfunction
- How to discuss current theories on the use of tape in the treatment of patellofemoral pain
- How to discuss the infrapatellar fat pad and all its weird and wonderful features
- How to understand the anatomy of the ITB and what we are doing when we treat it
Patellofemoral Latest Research –
Making Sense of It and Evolving Practice
- Making sense of the extraordinary plethora of literature around the patellofemoral joint
- The key emerging areas in the literature and how they can help evolve your practice
- How to highlight key literature regarding….patellofemoral morphology, patellofemoral osteoarthritis, infrapatellar fat pad, treating runners, quadriceps loading, and adolescent patellofemoral pain
- Areas that are emerging that you should keep an eye out for in the future
Meet the Presenter....
BSc(hons) Physiotherapy, MSc Physiotherapy, PGCE
Claire Robertson qualified in 1994 with a BSc(hons) Physiotherapy. She has since obtained her MSc Physiotherapy, in 2003, and PGCE in 2006. Claire has worked in the NHS, academia and private practice, and currently runs a specialist patellofemoral clinic at Wimbledon Clinics spending an hour per patient and liaising closely with their treating clinician. Claire is also the physiotherapist for the Warren Smith ski academy.
Claire has lectured internationally and has many research papers and editorials published in internationally peer-reviewed journals. She is also a reviewer herself for Physiotherapy Research International and Physiotherapy. In December 2012 Claire was awarded a research grant by the Physiotherapy Research Foundation to investigate the meaning of crepitus to patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome.
Attend the Live Sessions or watch the Recordings later - it's up to you!
The content of the Mini Series will help me very much in my work in practice. It will give me confidence to approach cases in a logical way and reach a working diagnosis and treatment plan, whilst recognising where specialist advice and referral is appropriate.
Session 1 – Friday 15th April 2016
2-4 pm BST
Session 2 – Friday 22nd April 2016
2-4 pm BST
Session 3 – Friday 6th May 2016
2-4 pm BST
Easy To Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One Of The Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Take advantage of the easy Online Mini Series™ format and increase your confidence when dealing with your patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome
Just £147 +VAT* - Early Bird Rate (save £50). Ends Friday.
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
Price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz (8 hours CPD) PLUS unlimited access to recordings and all course materials for 12 months!
- No traffic jams or accommodation hassles
- No child or pet care to arrange
- No rota clashes to worry about and no locum cover needed
Just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Fantastic resource, full of clinically relevant, evidence-based information - thank you.
Need Some Help? Have A Question?
Please call us on 0151 328 0444 and we will be delighted to help.
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.