Webinars are a fantastic and flexible way to maintain CPD. We all have so little time, and budgets are pushed to the limit so this is a great way to make the most of both.
12 months access gives me plenty of time to do it. That is what is great about your courses.
- Gain the correct knowledge and practical skills to work within the medical team in an acute injury situation
- You have a whole year’s access to recorded sessions and study notes for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money - you learn without travelling or paying for accommodation, childcare or petcare
- Watch the live meetings OR the recordings on your iPad, mobile, PC or tablet
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification
of the Medical Team
and Playing Staff
- How to create a pre match fitness test to ensure the player is physically and mentally ready to play a part in the forthcoming game
- The roles of the physiotherapist and medical team on match day
- The medical room structure
- The structure of the supportive medical network in case of injury
- The Emergency Action Plan (EAP) in case of injury
- The preparation of medical equipment
- Preparation needed for the individual player
- Pre match nutrition/fluid
- The role of the pre match warm up
- Conduct a competent scene assessment and safe approach to an injured player
- Conduct a competent primary survey of the injury
- Assess and address accordingly a possible life threatening injury
- Conduct a competent secondary survey (if possible) in the outdoor environment
- Recognise the signs and symptoms if the injury situation should deteriorate
- Recognise the most common, serious orthopaedic and musculo-skeletal injuries
- Safely extricate a player from the field of play to a secondary medical environment
- Be aware of the medical equipment to assist in the aforementioned injury scenarios
and Player Care
- Carry out the secondary survey process in the medical room
- Use the Emergency Action Plan in injury scenarios
- • Utilise various medical systems in order to support and assist the first aid management on the pitch
- Carry out various orthopaedic clinical tests to help diagnose musculo skeletal issues
- Assist in post-match player recovery
- Recognise the role of the other medical professionals within the medical team
- Recap, reflect and evaluate injury situations experienced out on the pitch to develop experience for you and the medical team in the future
- Prepare the medical room and equipment for the next match
MSc MCSP SRP
David Fevre MSc MCSP SRP is currently working as a freelance clinician/lecturer in physiotherapy and sports injury rehabilitation. He has consultancy roles with several European, Premiership and Championship football clubs and is on the teaching faculty for both the Football Association (FA) and Rugby Football League (RFL). He was Head of Sports Medicine for Blackburn Rovers FC until January 2017, having been in post since July 1999. Prior to this, he was previously Chartered Physiotherapist for Wales (2002-2005), Manchester United FC (1994-1999), Great Britain Rugby League (1990-1994), Wigan RL (1989-1994) and Leigh RL (1984-1989). He worked in the NHS and within a number of Sports Injury Clinics based within the private hospital sector prior to these full time posts in elite sport.
He lectures extensively internationally and in the UK on subjects related to sports injury rehabilitation, has had articles/research papers published in several rehabilitation related journals and is the author of the book ‘Collision Sports Injury and Repair.’ In 2012, he was invited to the European (London) and World (Belgium) Soccer conferences to present oral abstracts on his research work in professional football. He is also an honorary lecturer at both Salford and Manchester University and was awarded the ‘Outstanding Contribution to Professional Football’ award in 2014 by the Football Medical Association (FMA) and ‘The Fabrice Mouamba Outstanding Contribution to Professional Football Award in the NW of England’ in 2015.
Session 1 – Thursday 17th August 2017
Session 2 – Thursday 31st August 2017
Session 3 – Wednesday 13th September 2017
Easy to Attend!
No special equipment required...just a decent broadband connection
Can't Make One of the Live Events?
It doesn’t matter……all sessions are recorded and you have access to them for a full 12 months after the course.
Just £197 +VAT* - full access to your course online for 12 months included
* overseas customers outside the EU will not be charged VAT. Overseas customers in the EU; provide your VAT number and we will refund the VAT.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Buy with absolute confidence as your purchase is protected by our 100%, no quibble money-back guarantee
Learnt loads! A good mixture of theory and practical elements.