Physiotherapists have been authorised to train as Independent Prescribers since 2012.
However there are certain commonly used pain medications which they are still unable to prescribe under current legislations - which are they and why?
Under current legislation Independent Prescribing physiotherapists are allowed to prescribe only a list of 7 'controlled drugs' (morphine, fentanyl, oxycodone, dihydrocodeine, temazepam, diazepam, lorazepam).
Therefore under current legislation commonly used analgesics such as tramadol, codeine and buprenorphine could not be prescribed by independently prescribing physiotherapists and would require another route of prescription.
For more on Independent Prescribing for Physiotherapists join us for this webinar with tutor David Baker BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy MCSP SRP.
Click the button now to join us for this webinar on Tuesday 19th July and get immediate access to all of the recorded webinars in Physiotherapy Webinar Club.
Join us in Physiotherapy Webinar Club Today and get:-
- A whole selection of recorded webinars to watch straight away including
- Differential Diagnosis of Anterior Knee Pain
- Proprioceptive Medicine- the Missing LInk
- Cervical Spine Sensorimotor Rehabilitation
- Flag Spotting - Finding and Tackling Obstacles to Recovery in People with Recurrent and Persistent Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Introduction to Isokinetics in Sport
- Current Concepts in the Assessment and Management of Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
- Vestibular Assessment: How to Manage the Dizzy Patient
- Treatment and Rehabilitation in Lateral Epicondylagia – What is the Evidence?
- The Importance of Pre- and Post-operative Rehabilitation after Sportsman's Hernia Repair
- Pilates-Based Core Stability Training as Rehabilitation for People with MS
- Back Pain and Red Flags - What Not to Miss
- Remote Delivery of Physiotherapy for People with Long Term Conditions
- Divarication of Recti Abdominis – Its Clinical Relevance and Treatment Options
- And more!
- Effortless tracking - no more hunting for your CPD Certificates
- Unlimited access to all of your webinars - watch as many times as you like
Sign up monthly or for a year with Physiotherapy Webinar Club to watch this webinar and the archived recordings
- You’re in control – complete your CPD at any time and in any place that suit you
- De-stress your life as you forget about days off for CPD and travel to courses.
- Get this webinar and the archived webinars included in your membership
- Update your professional knowledge with help from leading experts
What do you get in your Membership?
- One webinar a month which you can attend live or watch later on your PC, iPad or mobile
- Each monthly webinar builds into an archive you can refer back to at any time
- Great CPD that allows you to take control of your time
- No need for travel hassles, accommodation arrangements or rota nightmares
- Personalised CPD certificates
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Currently 20 Recorded Webinars are waiting for you!
- 12 New Webinars during your annual membership
- Cancel at any time when you choose a Monthly Membership
- Physiotherapy Webinar Club is fully guaranteed by CPD Solutions
Join With Confidence
Your purchase is protected by our 100% ‘no quibble’ money back guarantee.